You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

ulrik

Beginner

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2017

Tuesday, June 13th 2017, 9:17am

[SOLVED] NXP iMX7 Solo

Hi, I see at the wiki that NXP iMX7 solo is supported, but I don't find the device in the listings and I don't find any script-files on wiki.

How do I use J-link commander with the solo series? I have had no success halting the processor with the dual core device scripts.

Any help will be very appreciated.

SEGGER - Niklas

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Oct 6th 2014

Tuesday, June 13th 2017, 9:30am

Hi,

thanks for your inquiry.
The NXP iMX7S series devices (MCIMX7S3, MCIMX7S5) do neither have internal flash nor are they multi-core devices.
Therefore no device-specific handling or J-Link script file is necessary.

Debugging should just work when specifying Cortex-A7 as the device/core name.
However, we will add MCIMX7S3 and MCIMX7S5 to the supported device list in a future version of the J-Link software & documentation pack in order to avoid further confusion.

Best regards,
Niklas
Would you like to be added to the J-Link software update notification list, so you get informed automatically when a new version becomes available?
Just write me a PM or in case you want to subscribe to it yourself, please use this link: Link
Notification for J-Link, J-Link Debugger, SystemView & J-Scope: Link
Notification for Embedded Studio: Link

ulrik

Beginner

Tuesday, June 13th 2017, 2:43pm

Ok, thanks. So do you have any idea why I cannot halt the processor? I do see "Found Cortex-A7 r0p5" message when I connect, and therefore I assume the JTAG interface is functional. But all other commands fail by "CPU is not halted !"

I have measured that all voltages and clocks are within specifications. What can halt the processor then, and how to avoid it?

SEGGER - Niklas

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Oct 6th 2014

Tuesday, June 13th 2017, 3:49pm

Hi,

do I understand you correctly that the issue occurs if you do *not* use the dual core device scripts?

Best regards,
Niklas
Would you like to be added to the J-Link software update notification list, so you get informed automatically when a new version becomes available?
Just write me a PM or in case you want to subscribe to it yourself, please use this link: Link
Notification for J-Link, J-Link Debugger, SystemView & J-Scope: Link
Notification for Embedded Studio: Link

ulrik

Beginner

Tuesday, June 13th 2017, 4:20pm

Yes, both with and without script.

But I think I have found a JTAG hardware problem, I will get back later.

ulrik

Beginner

Tuesday, June 13th 2017, 4:34pm

So, I don't think it is a hardware problem. So yes, selecting unspecified ARM7 does not work. I do measure activity at both TMS, TCK, TDO, TDI and RET.

I see that when I run the "h" halt command, RET is activated multiple times. Can it be a wrong reset type?

ulrik

Beginner

Wednesday, June 14th 2017, 11:03am

Post deleted.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ulrik" (Jun 14th 2017, 11:11am)