Monday, December 11th 2017, 1:14am UTC+1

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

mcubebry

Beginner

Date of registration: Jun 16th 2017

Tuesday, July 18th 2017, 12:13pm

String is not completely displayed using TTF!

Hi,

I'm using STemWin to display multi-language font(Google Noto Sans), and Everything is working except that sometimes whole sentence is not displayed.

For example, if I want to display "In another moment \n", sometimes the LCD only shows "in another mom".

It seems line-based problem and always the end of sentence(right-end) is skipped.

I'm using GUI_TTF engine and suspecting that when GUI_TTF_CreateFont() (or GUI_TTF_CreateFontAA()) is called, it doesn't get the width information of each character.

I've been testing different fonts, different boards(including STM32F769I-EVAL and custom board), and different strings, different display locations, different emWin APIs(GUI_DispString / GUI_DispStringAt....)

but this problem won't seem to go away.

Here's some solutions I've been discovered:

1. When display string, separating the whole sentence char by char solves the problem.

Here's the API I wrote to do this:

C/C++ Source code

void DispCharByChar(char * string)
{
	char *pstr, pdest[4], octet;
	int size, numbyte, strlength; 
	pstr = string;
	size = GUI_UC_GetCharSize(pstr);
	for (; *string; ++string)
	{
		if ((*string & 0xC0) != 0x80)	
		{
			++strlength;
		}
	}
	while(strlength)
	{
		for(numbyte = 0; numbyte < size; numbyte++)
		{
			octet = *(pstr + numbyte);
			pdest[numbyte] = octet;
		}
		pdest[numbyte] = 0; //insert null character to end the single-character string
		GUI_UC_SetEncodeUTF8();
		GUI_DispString(pdest);
		pstr += size;

size = GUI_UC_GetCharSize(pstr);
		strlength--;
	}
}

2. If I input long blank at the end of the string like "In another moment         " solves the problem.

What I want to do is to use variety of String Display APIs STemWin offers!

Thanks for your help in advance!

Regards,
Boram

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "mcubebry" (Jul 18th 2017, 12:18pm)

SEGGER - Schoenen

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Aug 13th 2015

Wednesday, July 19th 2017, 3:10pm

Hi,

Indeed, it seems there is something working properly. We will check this and fixes this as soon as possible.

On our side it disappeared after we a call of GUI_DispChar(' ') (it is a space character). Please try if this works on your side.

Regards,
Sven