You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Asadloa

Beginner

Date of registration: May 26th 2017

Wednesday, August 2nd 2017, 10:52am

Hi Niklas,
you must be right since it says that J-Link script file is not loaded, but the thing is that if I remove the JLink script file from the folder as the instructions had dictated, the process halts and says couldn't connect to the target. I don't get how could the console show that the script file was not loaded.
I am adding the screenshot of the error,
Regards
Asad
Asadloa has attached the following image:
  • error.jpg

SEGGER - Niklas

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Oct 6th 2014

Wednesday, August 2nd 2017, 10:59am

Hi Asad,

O.K., lets assume this is an error on the logging side for now (btw: how did you add the jlinkscript file in eclipse/s32?)

Regarding the main issue:

Quoted

[...]
Downloading 28 bytes @ address 0x18F9C000 - Verify failed
Downloading 1024 bytes @ address 0x19000000 - Verify failed
Downloading 4096 bytes @ address 0x19000400 - Verify failed
Downloading 4096 bytes @ address 0x19001400 - Verify failed
Downloading 4096 bytes @ address 0x19002400 - Verify failed
Downloading 4096 bytes @ address 0x19003400 - Verify failed
Downloading 4096 bytes @ address 0x19004400 - Verify failed
[...]

Can you debug in RAM?

Quoted

According to the memory map, @0x19000000 is flash memory.
Flash memory cannot be programmed w/o either native support or adding the device manually(by implementing a own flashloader): Adding Support for New Devices.

Debugging in RAM should be possible though.

Best regards,
Niklas
Would you like to be added to the J-Link software update notification list, so you get informed automatically when a new version becomes available?
Just write me a PM or in case you want to subscribe to it yourself, please use this link: Link
Notification for J-Link, J-Link Debugger, SystemView & J-Scope: Link
Notification for Embedded Studio: Link

Asadloa

Beginner

Thursday, August 3rd 2017, 6:18am

HI,
I added the script file as described in the instruction manual (https://www.segger.com/downloads/jlink/UM08001_JLink.pdf), and I named the file as "Default" and it worked but not beyond connecting it.
There were many other "Verify OK" too, but I don't exactly know what to make of it. Anyway I suspect that the script file may be missing some info to make it work fully.
Also there is this part of console content that indicated that loading into RAM failed.
"ERROR: Could not detect CPU clock speed. Verification of test code downloaded into RAM failed."
I hope that Segger officially adds MAC57D5 in their supported devices list since NXP has increased its collaboration with Segger now. Because I know if I had bought an other emulator other than JLink then it would have worked as many others have reported so.
Regards
Asad

Asadloa

Beginner

Wednesday, August 9th 2017, 5:46am

Any response?

SEGGER - Erik

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Dec 20th 2011

Wednesday, August 9th 2017, 12:55pm

Hi Asad,

Please allow me to jump in here and to clarify some things:

First, the NXP MAC57D5 is not officially supported by the J-Link software and there are no immediate plans to add official support as there are many other open projects in the pipe.
To establish a successful target connection to the device, a so called J-Link script file is required.
As we can see from the provided screenshots, connecting to the target is working just fine when using the script file.

--> Everything is working as expected so far.

Regarding debugging the Free RTOS in flash:
This is not possible right now as the J-Link software does not come with a flashloader for this device (because it is not supported officially).

What you can do is to add flash programming support on your own using the SEGGER Open Flashloader.
Further information regarding this can be found here: https://wiki.segger.com/Adding_Support_for_New_Devices

Best regards
Erik

Asadloa

Beginner

Wednesday, August 16th 2017, 5:54am

HI Niklas,
I am thankful for the support you have been providing so far. I would like to ask for an other favor, could you please contact NXP regarding this matter, since NXP has put Segger JLink under the list of supported JTAG emulators for MAC57D5, which is not true as I have just learned from you. I think it's necessary to inform NXP of hardship that their and your customers go through just because of wrong information so that future customers don't suffer the loss of time and money that we have endured.
Thanks
Best Regard
Asad Ullah

SEGGER - Erik

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Dec 20th 2011

Wednesday, August 16th 2017, 8:57am

That's not entirely correct. J-Link + MAC57D5 is working as expected using the provided J-Link script file. Download into flash is not supported right now but can be added on your own using the Open Flashloader. We will review & verify the J-Link script and add "official" support for the device in one of our next versions. Please note, that this support will include debugging in RAM, only.