• Login
  • Register

dingcurie

Beginner

Date of registration: Oct 15th 2017

Monday, October 16th 2017, 11:07am

How to exec command strings in Eclipse?

Hi, everyone
I want to know how to execute J-Link command strings in Eclipse. Specifically, I want to specify reset strategy globally somehow. In Eclipse, as described here , I can specify reset type in GUI, but that only affects the two specific points in the startup course. I wonder if I can, e.g., "exec SetResetType=4" in Eclipse, as in J-Link Commander?

Thanks!
D.Curie

SEGGER - Niklas

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Oct 6th 2014

Monday, October 16th 2017, 11:30am

Hi,

the best way to execute J-Link command strings in every debug session are J-Script files.
Generally, we do recommend to override ResetTarget() and / or AfterResetTarget() instead of using the "deprecated" ResetTypes.

Of course you can still use the J-Link command string "SetResetType" in e.g. ConfigTargetSettings() in a J-Link script file if this works for you.

Best regards,
Niklas
Would you like to be added to the J-Link software update notification list, so you get informed automatically when a new version becomes available?
Just write me a PM or in case you want to subscribe to it yourself, please use this link: Link
Notification for J-Link, J-Link Debugger, SystemView & J-Scope: Link
Notification for Embedded Studio: Link

dingcurie

Beginner

Date of registration: Oct 15th 2017

Wednesday, October 18th 2017, 3:30am

Hello, Niklas

But I'm not intended to build a full custom reset strategy from the ground up. I'm using a non-mainstream MCU which has a built-in bootloader. So I just need to select the ready-made Reset Strategy 4, do I?

If yes, how can I do the selection in, say, ConfigTargetSettings() other than using the deprecated SetResetType command?

Thank you.

D.Curie

SEGGER - Niklas

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Oct 6th 2014

Wednesday, October 18th 2017, 9:16am

Hi,

Let me rephrase that: The SetResetType command is not deprecated, but we have not added any new ResetTypes in a long time and also do not plan to add new ones in the future.
If a new devices does not work with the generic reset, in 80% of the cases it needs a custom reset, which fits no other device. Therefore, we implement a custom reset which is not selected by the user, but is selected automatically when selecting the device in the J-Link software.
However, if SetResetType=4 works perfectly for you, there is not disadvantage in using it.

Best regards,
Niklas
Would you like to be added to the J-Link software update notification list, so you get informed automatically when a new version becomes available?
Just write me a PM or in case you want to subscribe to it yourself, please use this link: Link
Notification for J-Link, J-Link Debugger, SystemView & J-Scope: Link
Notification for Embedded Studio: Link