• Register

yaniv

Beginner

Date of registration: Jan 20th 2011

Thursday, January 20th 2011, 6:19pm

[SOLVED]Problem to connect to LPC1767

Hi,

I have J-LINK version 6.0 and I always use it to burn LPC2368,

now I want to burn LPC1767, I have download the last SEGGER J-Flash ARM (v4.22c) but I can't connect to my cpu.

Firs of all I get a message that says my J-LINK dosn't have intelligence for cp (cortex-M3).

After that if "Auto detection" is choosed for clock speed in Project settings, I get this message:"cpu clock frequency detection is not supported for this device! auto detection of cpu clock frequency is not supported for this device, failed to connect".

Even if I choose 19200000Hz for clock speed I get the message : "cpu clock frequency detection is not supported for this device!failed to connect."

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks.

SEGGER - Alex

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Dec 18th 2007

Friday, January 21st 2011, 8:45am

Hi,

Quoted

Firs of all I get a message that says my J-LINK dosn't have intelligence for cp (cortex-M3).

The J-Link hardware version 6 does not have intelligence for Cortex-M3 via JTAG in the firmware.
It only has intelligence for Cortex-M3 via SWD. This means that for JTAG all sequences are generated
on the PC-side and J-Link can not wait in all situations for the CPU to be ready,
so J-Link has to assume that the CPU is fast enough to handle the requests from J-Link.
This works in the most situations, but can not guaranteed if the JTAG speed is reasonably higher than the CPU speed (e.g. JTAG speed 20x times faster than CPU speed)
We will also add a section into the User Guide (UM08001) in which the "intelligence" term is explained in detail.

Quoted

After that if "Auto detection" is choosed for clock speed in Project settings, I get this message:"cpu clock frequency detection is not supported for this device! auto detection of cpu clock frequency is not supported for this device, failed to connect".

we will fix this in the next beta version of the J-Flash software.
For know, could you please select the "LPC1768" in J-Flash and select "Auto detection" for clock speed?

The LPC1768 is compatible to the LPC1767 from the flash side.

Best regards
Alex

SEGGER - Alex

Super Moderator

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 9:34am

Solved in V4.23c

yaniv

Beginner

Date of registration: Jan 20th 2011

Thursday, February 10th 2011, 5:48pm

thanks for solving the problem.

I also want to know if I can programming LPC 2368 with code protetion, I programmed my device and I used "secure chip" in device

settings but the device wasn't code protected and I succeed to read it back.

If it is possible, can I o this also when I use Command Line Interface?

Thanks.

SEGGER - Alex

Super Moderator

Thursday, February 10th 2011, 5:57pm

Hi,

Setting the code read protection is not explicitly supported by J-Flash, since there are different levels of code read protection.
The CRP level is determined by the flash content programmed to addr. 0x1FC, so you can simply enable it by having this specific value in your data file you are going to program.
Maybe you should have a look into the LPC2368 User Guide in order to get a better idea of what levels of CRP are available and the differences between them.

Please note: As soon as the device has been protected, J-Link is no longer able to communicate with it, since access via JTAG is disabled. So J-Link can NOT unlock a protected device.

PS: For the next post, could you please open a new thread, since this is nothing related to the original problem discussed here (LPC1767 connection problems)?

Best regards
Alex