Thursday, November 23rd 2017, 11:55am UTC+1

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ELRussell

Beginner

Date of registration: Oct 9th 2013

Thursday, October 10th 2013, 7:14pm

Unlimited Breakpoints with CodeWarrior 10.4

I am trying to get the Unlimited Breakpoints capability working with my new J-Trace probe. I am using CodeWarrior 10.4 and the target is a Kinetis MK60FN1M15. The JLink Control Panel shows that the Unlimited Breakpoints feature is on and enabled. On the CodeWarrior side I have tried setting the breakpoints to each of the three choices in the launch configuration properties in CW, but I am still limited to 6 breakpoints while running. Is there something else I should do to get this working?

Thanks,

Elizabeth

wella-tabor

Beginner

Date of registration: Nov 26th 2012

Friday, October 11th 2013, 9:30am

Hi,

facing the same problem with the newest jlink 32-bit deb package for linux
SEGGER J-Link Commander V4.78a ('?' for help)
Compiled Oct 8 2013 13:36:53
DLL version V4.78a, compiled Oct 8 2013 13:36:49
Firmware: J-Link ARM V8 compiled Sep 20 2013 15:09:45
Hardware: V8.00
hw:Jlink http://segger.com/jlink_base.html

Even there is stated that the Unlimited Flash Breakpoints is not supported, I am using it with the NXP LPC1788. The device was sold to me with an assurance that the feature is always availaible with the NXP products. It worked until the firmware upgrade.

Martin

ELRussell

Beginner

Date of registration: Oct 9th 2013

Monday, October 14th 2013, 6:50am

I too am using V4.78a - but haven't tried using Unlimited Breakpoints with earlier versions.
According to Segger's website, Unlimited Breakpoints should be supported under the CodeWarrior IDE for my processor. I will try contacting Segger support directly to see if I can get an answer.

Thanks,

Elizabeth

SEGGER - Alex

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Dec 18th 2007

Monday, October 14th 2013, 9:57am

Hi Elizabeth,

It is not a problem on the J-Link/J-Trace side but on the CodeWarrior side.
We already made Freescale aware of this limitation in CodeWarrior and we are working with them to get this supported in CW.
Maybe it makes sense that you get in touch with the Freescale CodeWarrior support in parallel.

Regarding SEGGER website: I will check. Sounds like it provides incorrect information there...

Best regards
Alex

SEGGER - Alex

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Dec 18th 2007

Wednesday, October 16th 2013, 8:03am

Hi Elizabeth,

According to Freescale, it has been added it CodeWarrior 10.5.
Please refer to the release notes (section 1.4 Kinetis): http://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_de…5_RN.pdf?fpsp=1

Best regards
Alex