Friday, November 24th 2017, 9:11pm UTC+1

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

macbook13

Beginner

Date of registration: Jul 15th 2015

Sunday, July 19th 2015, 12:26am

[CLOSED] SPI Flash via J-Link

Hi, i have a question regarding the new SPI flashing function of J-link programmer.
As stated on website this function is supported by:
"Users of current models of J-Link PLUS, ULTRA+ and PRO, as well as Flasher ARM and PRO can employ J-Flash SPI to program serial (SPI) flashes, which are directly connected to the J-Link or Flasher"
so the question is:
From witch hardware revision this option is valid?
This is not clear at all for j-link users and maybe someone here can put some light to this question.
Thanks

SEGGER - Erik

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Dec 20th 2011

Monday, July 20th 2015, 10:44am

Hello,

Quoted

This is not clear at all for j-link users and maybe someone here can put some light to this question.

J-Link BASE V9.x (S/N 59xyyyyy)
J-Link PLUS V9.x (S/N 609xyyyyy)
J-Link EDU V9.x (S/N 269xyyyyy)
J-Link ULTRA+ V4.x (S/N 509xyyyyy)
J-Link PRO V4.x (S/N 179xyyyyy)

Quoted

I will check internally, if we may provide this information somewhere on our website or in the manual.

Best regards
Erik

macbook13

Beginner

Monday, July 20th 2015, 6:58pm

Thank you Erik for the answer, so by this i can tell that also UM08001_JLink.pdf V5.00 Rev. 0 150520 needs to be modified since on last public version on website it's specified on :
1.3.2.3 Hardware versions

Version 7.0 (Obsolete) .............
Version 8.0
Identical to version 7.0 .........................
Version 9.1
ï New design based on STM32F205.
Version 9.2
Identical to version 9.1......................

to Version 8.0 (Obsolete) since this new function it's not supported by that generation.

SEGGER - Erik

Super Moderator

Monday, July 20th 2015, 7:36pm

Thank you for pointing this out. We always try to keep our manuals / website up to date but as you may can imagine, this is sometimes kind of difficult. Will be updated.

Best regards
Erik

macbook13

Beginner

Monday, July 20th 2015, 7:42pm

And i forgot, since version 9.3 is present and as i have seen v10 is on it's way :) maybe that can be added to manual.
I consider this topic as solved and from my point of view it can be closed.
Thanks again.

SEGGER - Erik

Super Moderator

Tuesday, July 21st 2015, 8:27am

You are right :)

Case closed

Best regards
Erik