Wednesday, November 22nd 2017, 10:53pm UTC+1

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Date of registration: Sep 3rd 2015

Friday, November 6th 2015, 7:55pm

[SOLVED] External flash proggramming using GDB server

Hello. I have a board with STM32f746IG controller and S25FL128S qspi NOR-flash memory. I'd like to program my code using GDB server. How to do this? I've never done this before. I also want to use GDB server for debugging. Is it possible with the code located in external flash? Thank you

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "artemdmitriev" (Nov 6th 2015, 8:10pm)

Sunday, November 8th 2015, 9:22pm

S25FL128S flash is CFI compatible. Firstly i must to write configuration script for stm32f7 controller in gdbinit file or what? Help please. Maybe somebody has examples for stm32f7 controller and other qspi flash?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "artemdmitriev" (Nov 8th 2015, 9:28pm)

SEGGER - Niklas

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Oct 6th 2014

Monday, November 9th 2015, 9:33am

Hello Artem,

both GDB Server and programming of CFI flash are described in UM8001, which is part of the Segger J-Link software & documentation pack :

• Chapter 3 "J-Link software and documentation package" Section 3.3 "J-Link GDB Server"
  • Chapter 6 "Flash download" section 6.5 "Setup for various debuggers (CFI flash)" subsection 6.5.2 "J-Link GDB Server".
Best regards,
Niklas
Would you like to be added to the J-Link software update notification list, so you get informed automatically when a new version becomes available?
Just write me a PM or in case you want to subscribe to it yourself, please use this link: Link
Notification for J-Link, J-Link Debugger, SystemView & J-Scope: Link
Notification for Embedded Studio: Link

Tuesday, November 10th 2015, 5:22pm

If i understand right, i must configure gpio,then set quadspi interface in memory mapped mode in gdb init script. Is it right?

SEGGER - Erik

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Dec 20th 2011

Friday, November 13th 2015, 9:17am

Hi,

as clarified via e-mail: You are trying to program a QSPI flash which comes with CFI info but not a parallel NOR flash with CFI info (this are two very different types of flash / CFI info).

The native generic (Q)SPI flash programming support for the ST STM32F7 device series has been delayed. Currently, we plan to have support available by the end of this month / during December depending on the daily interrupts.

Best regards
Erik

UniDev

Beginner

Date of registration: May 21st 2015

Monday, January 11th 2016, 4:42pm

Hello,
Can you tell me when the QSPI flash programming (for stm32F7x6) will be supported by J-FLASH Segger ?

Thanks in advance.

SEGGER - Erik

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Dec 20th 2011

Monday, January 11th 2016, 5:57pm

Hi,

For requests in the future, could you please contact us either via e-mail OR via the forum but not via both?
As my colleague already wrote you via e-mail: Planned to be available in approx. 3 weeks.

- Erik