Friday, November 17th 2017, 6:16pm UTC+1

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

sevi

Beginner

Date of registration: Mar 23rd 2016

Wednesday, March 23rd 2016, 1:00pm

Get often the Error: "Failed to start recording. RTT Control Block not found."

Hi,

i've initially implemented the SystemView 2.32a tool into a DS-5 project.
I'm running FreeRTOS 8.2.3 on a LPC4350 M4 microcontroller while debugging with GDB Server 4.98a and J-Link Ultra+.

I'm using the default settings for SystemView and no FreeRTOS patch.
Only calling SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Conf(); in main() and the #include "SEGGER_SYSVIEW_FreeRTOS.h" statement at the end of FreeRTOSConfig.h.

On starting the SystemView recorder with Target Device LPC4350_M4, JTAG interface and manually RTT Control Block Address it will fail at least 8 out of 10 times with the error: "Failed to start recording. RTT Control Block not found."

Can anyone make suggestions whats going wrong there?

Thanks and best regards

SEGGER - Johannes

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Aug 31st 2012

Thursday, March 24th 2016, 5:11pm

Hi,

Could you update your J-Link Software to the latest version (V5.10u)?
Are you using SystemViewer, while GDB Server is running?
If your application is able to run stand-alone, can you try SystemViewer without GDB Server?

Best regards
Johannes

sevi

Beginner

Date of registration: Mar 23rd 2016

Monday, April 4th 2016, 8:43am

Hi Johannes,

thank you for the quick reply.

Updating to the newest J-Link Software isn't possible for me because of the problem mentioned here.
Maybe you can also give an suggestion how to get the newest version running.

As a first step - using SystemView without GDB Server is working for me. After stopping GDB Server the start of SystemView works fine.

Thank you!
Best regards