Saturday, August 19th 2017, 10:23pm UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

aspalmer0

Beginner

Date of registration: Apr 25th 2016

Monday, April 25th 2016, 9:32am

FreeRTOS 9.0RC2 Support

Hi,

I wanted to know if SystemView was going to be ported to FreeRTOSv9 soon. The patches for 8.2.3 don't cleanly apply and I was hoping to avoid porting it myself.

Thanks,
Austin

SEGGER - Johannes

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Aug 31st 2012

Thursday, April 28th 2016, 7:11pm

Hi,

Yes, porting to the new FreeRTOS is planned.

Best regards
Johannes

ammaree

Beginner

Date of registration: Oct 6th 2014

Sunday, May 29th 2016, 2:46pm

Hi Johannes,

I am sitting with the same challenge of FreeRTOS v9.0.0 final release, any indication of when the updated patches will be available?

Andre

rols

Beginner

Date of registration: Jan 15th 2014

Tuesday, May 31st 2016, 2:17am

if you just look at the diffs in the patches for FreeRTOS V8 it's about 2 hours work to port them over to version 9. The kernel of the code is incredibly similar, there's been a little refactoring which removes a few of the places you need to add calls and the FreeRTOS piece of it stays basically the same (unless you care about instrumenting the few new calls which I didn't).

So while you're waiting, you can throw this together yourself quite easily.

dweber

Beginner

Date of registration: Jul 20th 2016

Thursday, July 21st 2016, 8:17am

FreeRTOS 9.0.0 Support

I tried to apply the patch for FreeRTOS line per line (manually) but still can not get profiling data.

Now the SystemView Host can connect to the target and also successfully read system info (App name, RTOS version, etc). However there is always just about 100 Bytes uploaded containing only this system information.
I guess I did not apply the patch correctly since there is no data recorded about Task switches etc.

Is there someone who got SystemView running on FreeRTOS 9.0.0 yet?

Thank you,
Damian

rols

Beginner

Date of registration: Jan 15th 2014

Monday, July 25th 2016, 3:31am

RE: FreeRTOS 9.0.0 Support

Yes - see my post above yours, I did it the day FreeRTOS 9.0.0 came out and it was not that hard. So go back to the V8 diffs and look at them again and have another go.

alfred-ai

Beginner

Date of registration: May 3rd 2017

Wednesday, May 3rd 2017, 3:40pm

RE: RE: FreeRTOS 9.0.0 Support

Yes - see my post above yours, I did it the day FreeRTOS 9.0.0 came out and it was not that hard. So go back to the V8 diffs and look at them again and have another go.
To those who are still looking for a quick solution, FYI there is a more recent post with working patch on 9.0.0.

maximevince

Beginner

Date of registration: Mar 20th 2017

Friday, May 5th 2017, 11:33am

Yes, I have got it working, please find my patch here:
https://forum.segger.com/index.php?page=…14465#post14465