Wednesday, October 18th 2017, 7:28am UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Kenny

Beginner

Date of registration: Jul 17th 2008

Thursday, July 21st 2016, 1:06am

OS_PROFILE v OS_VIEW

What is the correct way to set both OS_PROFILE and OS_VIEW? What is the difference? I cannot find a reference to OS_PROFILE in the documentation.

The sample code I downloaded is calling the system view initialization code because OS_PROFILE is set. OS_PROFILE if not defined is set in RTOS.h based on the library being used.

I'm using a debug library but I do not want the system view enabled.

SEGGER - Roman

Administrator

Date of registration: Jul 24th 2015

Thursday, July 21st 2016, 10:20am

Dear Kenny,

OS_PROFILE will be defined depending on OS_LIBMODE*, so you don't have to set it manually. OS_VIEW_ENABLE is something completely different, it is used to enable the communication to embOSView.

You can simply disable SystemView by removing SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Conf() in your RTOSInit*.c. If you don't want to use the profiling feature at all, use the debug library instead of the debug + profiling library, so OS_PROFILE will be set to zero.

Best regards,
Roman

Kenny

Beginner

Date of registration: Jul 17th 2008

Friday, July 22nd 2016, 3:15am

Thank you Roman. Yes, I realized that I had made a mistake there and had the wrong OS_LIBMODE selected. Maybe I'll move that definition in to my SES project along with the correct library.