Sunday, December 17th 2017, 2:56pm UTC+1

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Kenny

Beginner

Date of registration: Jul 17th 2008

Friday, July 22nd 2016, 10:15pm

Partial Call Stack for Task in EMBOS Plugin

Please see attached screenshots. Why can I not see the entire call stack for my task? I halt then double tap the task in the threads view. Is there a newer version of the plugin? This came with the trial version but it doesn't have a version number.

Thanks.

SES 2.20
EMBOS Plugin: Undeclared
Kenny has attached the following images:
  • Screen Shot 2016-07-22 at 1.03.58 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2016-07-22 at 1.04.35 PM.png

Kenny

Beginner

Saturday, July 23rd 2016, 1:17am

Cannot see stack or run count with LIBMODE_D

I have SES configured with two private configurations. One sets LIBMODE_D and includes the corresponding library. The other sets LIBMODE_DP and includes that library.

I have all versions of the library included in an SES folder but the common configuration excludes them all. The above enables the correct combination.

With LIBMODE_D I cannot see the run count or stack information but I thought this build had all the debug options turned on? The _DP build works fine.

Also, where is the best place to see the compiler/linker options used during the build?

Thanks,

Kenny
Kenny has attached the following images:
  • Screen Shot 2016-07-22 at 4.04.45 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2016-07-22 at 4.07.17 PM.png

Kenny

Beginner

Saturday, July 23rd 2016, 4:11am

Found the option to enable build output in a pull-down in the output window. Also under the Tools menu Options... .

SEGGER - Martin

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Jul 1st 2014

Monday, July 25th 2016, 6:41pm

Dear Kenny,

Quoted

With LIBMODE_D I cannot see the run count or stack information but I thought this build had all the debug options turned on? The _DP build works fine.

I could not reproduce this with our start projects, in which both libmodes work fine. To ask for further details on your setup, however, I will contact you via email in a few minutes.

Quoted

Found the option to enable build output in a pull-down in the output window. Also under the Tools menu Options... .

Yes, that's correct. Alternatively, for build information on one specific file only, you may also right-click that source file and select "Export build" on the following dialog.

Quoted

Why can I not see the entire call stack for my task? I halt then double tap the task in the threads view. Is there a newer version of the plugin? This came with the trial version but it doesn't have a version number.

Yes, there is a newer version of the plugin available. The most recent version is always offered for download at segger.com.
However, the libraries contained with the trial version of embOS-MPU V4.20 for Cortex-M and Embedded Studio had been built without the debug information required to unwind the stack frame. We will include that information in subsequent releases of the software. To evaluate the plugin in the meantime, the current trial release of embOS for Cortex-M and Embedded Studio may be used, for its libraries include the required debug information.

Best regards,
Martin