Sunday, October 22nd 2017, 1:03am UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Vincent

Beginner

Date of registration: Dec 21st 2012

Tuesday, October 25th 2016, 9:54am

Task number limitations on SystemView and EmbOSView

Hi,

It seems that SystemView limits the number of task that can be display at 50 tasks. This is the same limitations than for EmbOSView.

But I don't understand because in all the documentation of embOS, Segger claims that the number of tasks is unlimited but has no tools to monitor all these tasks !

Is there a way to see all the tasks of the system, monitor their activity and know the total number of task of the system ?

SEGGER - Martin

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Jul 1st 2014

Wednesday, November 2nd 2016, 6:48pm

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for your inquiry.

This limit is currently imposed by embOS, for an appropiately sized buffer is required on the target side. For a default that fits most cases, 50 tasks were then deemed appropriate in order to keep memory consumption to a minimum. I'm sorry this proves to be insufficient to you now.
We'll consider changing this for upcoming releases of our software.

Best regards,

SEGGER Support embOS
Martin

PS: If you're a registered embOS customer, please also consider contacting us via email. While we will occassionally answer herein as well, this forum is generally not monitored by our technical support personnel.

Vincent

Beginner

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 11:36am

Is it possible to modify embOS (macro definition...) to allow embOS return the information for more than 50 tasks ? Or is this limitation also dependent of embOSView ?

It could be great for us to customize the tasks limitations in order we can debug all our tasks.

Regards,

Vincent

SEGGER - Martin

Super Moderator

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 5:37pm

Hi Vincent,

As said above, the limit is imposed by embOS. There's no limit on the embOSView side of communications.

We have, however, decided to lift this limit in upcoming versions of embOS: While the upcoming release V4.30, unfortunately, has already been scheduled and thus will not include any changes to this, we will gladly introduce the respective changes with the subsequent embOS release V4.32. Of course, we will notify you once that version becomes available.

Best regards,
Martin

Vincent

Beginner

Friday, December 2nd 2016, 8:55am

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt answer.

Do you have any idea about the date of the future embOS 4.32 version ?

Is there an easy workaround with some tweak of embOS which let me bypass this limitation before the embOS 4.32 version ?

Regards

Vincent

Vincent

Beginner

Thursday, March 9th 2017, 1:49pm

Hi,

EmbOS version 4.32 has been released, but I don't see any modifications about the limitation of 50 tasks in embOSView and SystemView. It seems the limitation is always present in this version.

Could tell me if it is planned to suppress this limitation in a future version of embOS ?

Regards,

SEGGER - Martin

Super Moderator

Thursday, March 9th 2017, 2:18pm

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for getting back at this. For an easier communication, I will contact you by email in a few minutes.

Best regards,
Martin