Tuesday, May 22nd 2018, 2:11am UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Brian3456

Beginner

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2016

Monday, November 28th 2016, 8:13pm

[ABANDONED] Debugger runs slow on AT91SAM7X128.

Using:
Jlink Ultra+
Jlink SW v612
IAR Workbench 7.60
FreeRTOS v9.0.0
AT91SAM7X128 with PLL Clock selected for 48Mhz.

In IAR Workbench Under Options->Debugger->Jlink/Jtrace->JTAG/SWD speed is set to Auto, Intial 32 Khz.

Running a board with multiple blinking LEDs. With the debugger running the LEDs run much slower. With the debugger NOT running LEDs are blinking at the correct rate. The datasheet for the Jlink Ultra+ says, "Maximum target interface speed 50 MHz".

What am I missing? Missing/Wrong debugger setting?

Thanks,
Brian

SEGGER - Niklas

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Oct 6th 2014

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 10:56am

Hi Brian,

the Target Interface speed has no influence on the application running on the target.

Quoted

With the debugger running the LEDs run much slower. With the debugger NOT running LEDs are blinking at the correct rate.
Do I understand you correctly that the LEDs run slower if you download the target application is downloaded and run from within IAR EWARM, but return to normal speed once you reset the board?
When the LED are running with normal speed, what happens when you connect to running target with IAR?

Best regards,
Niklas
Would you like to be added to the J-Link software update notification list, so you get informed automatically when a new version becomes available?
Just write me a PM or in case you want to subscribe to it yourself, please use this link: Link
Notification for J-Link, J-Link Debugger, SystemView & J-Scope: Link
Notification for Embedded Studio: Link

Brian3456

Beginner

Monday, December 5th 2016, 9:30pm

Yes to the first question.

If I attach to a running system the leds run slower again.

Brian3456

Beginner

Friday, February 3rd 2017, 4:17pm

Any ideas??

SEGGER - Niklas

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Oct 6th 2014

Monday, February 6th 2017, 10:04am

Hi Brian,

If I understand you correctly, a blinky project is sufficient in order to reproduce the issue.
Would it possible for you to provide us with an IAR project which can be used to reproduce the issue?

Best regards,
Niklas
Would you like to be added to the J-Link software update notification list, so you get informed automatically when a new version becomes available?
Just write me a PM or in case you want to subscribe to it yourself, please use this link: Link
Notification for J-Link, J-Link Debugger, SystemView & J-Scope: Link
Notification for Embedded Studio: Link