Wednesday, December 13th 2017, 12:11pm UTC+1

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Ploppz

Beginner

Date of registration: Feb 1st 2017

Sunday, March 5th 2017, 9:52pm

Slow and unreliable keyboard input - disable suggestions box?

Using SES on Linux, while typing in a C file, the characters shows are lagging a bit behind. Often, a character I type is lost, and typing code becomes tedious. Could this have anything to do with the auto-completion/suggestion box that is shown while typing? It seems to appear pretty slowly too. Is there any way to disable this box? (the box that shows a list of identifiers matching what you're currently typing)

Edit: When editing a H file, there is no such suggestions box, and typing works just fine. So I believe it is indeed the suggestions box that is the problem.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Ploppz" (Mar 5th 2017, 10:18pm)

SEGGER - Johannes

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Aug 31st 2012

Tuesday, March 7th 2017, 12:03pm

Hi,

You can disable the code completion in the general options (Tools -> Options -> Text Editor -> Programmer Assistance -> Display code Completion Suggestions While Typing).

Best regards
Johannes

Ploppz

Beginner

Date of registration: Feb 1st 2017

Tuesday, March 7th 2017, 7:54pm

Thanks. Second question - is it possible to invoke the completion suggestion with some keyboard shortcut?

0x0041764C

Beginner

Date of registration: Mar 13th 2017

Monday, March 13th 2017, 1:54pm

Hi Johannes

We have the same issue on Windows with SES v3.10i and v3.12.

Yes. Disabling the IntelliSense solves the performance issue, but does not solve the actual problem.

Thank you for checking...
Anton

dev machine: Windows 10 64bit, SES v3.12
target mcu: NXP(freescale) MKL27Z128... & KM66FN2...

SEGGER - Johannes

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Aug 31st 2012

Thursday, March 30th 2017, 11:29am

Hi,

Quoted

Thanks. Second question - is it possible to invoke the completion suggestion with some keyboard shortcut?

Yes, as the description of the option says it is Ctrl+J.

I do not see what the "actual problem" is if it's not the performance issue.

Regards
Johannes