Wednesday, December 13th 2017, 12:12pm UTC+1

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Timm

Beginner

Date of registration: Mar 29th 2017

Wednesday, March 29th 2017, 11:11am

System View - J-Link Library not found

I'm trying to get the System View running.

My setup: I'm using System View V2.42 and J-Link Software V6.14b.

When starting the continues record get an error message: "Failed to start recording. J-Link Library not found. Make sure the J-Link Software is installed."

The J-Link software is allready installed. I tried if reinstalling solves the problem. No success. The FAQ has not answer for this issue.

Has anybody an idea?

Timm

Beginner

Date of registration: Mar 29th 2017

Wednesday, March 29th 2017, 3:03pm

I figured out that the System View program has to be started with administration rights. With admin right the SEGGER libraries are found. Is there a trick how the System View Tool could be run with normal rights?

SEGGER - Johannes

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Aug 31st 2012

Wednesday, June 21st 2017, 4:46pm

Hi,

SystemView loads the most recent J-Link Software.
If you have a restricted account and installed the J-Link Software with administrator credentials,
it can happen, that the registry path to the J-Link software is not added to your users HKEY.

The easiest solution is to copy the J-Link DLL into the SystemView installation directory.
For more information, have a look at https://wiki.segger.com/Could_not_open_J-Link_shared_library

Best regards
Johannes