Saturday, December 16th 2017, 9:39pm UTC+1

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ulrik

Beginner

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2017

Tuesday, June 13th 2017, 9:17am

[SOLVED] NXP iMX7 Solo

Hi, I see at the wiki that NXP iMX7 solo is supported, but I don't find the device in the listings and I don't find any script-files on wiki.

How do I use J-link commander with the solo series? I have had no success halting the processor with the dual core device scripts.

Any help will be very appreciated.

SEGGER - Niklas

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Oct 6th 2014

Tuesday, June 13th 2017, 9:30am

Hi,

thanks for your inquiry.
The NXP iMX7S series devices (MCIMX7S3, MCIMX7S5) do neither have internal flash nor are they multi-core devices.
Therefore no device-specific handling or J-Link script file is necessary.

Debugging should just work when specifying Cortex-A7 as the device/core name.
However, we will add MCIMX7S3 and MCIMX7S5 to the supported device list in a future version of the J-Link software & documentation pack in order to avoid further confusion.

Best regards,
Niklas
Would you like to be added to the J-Link software update notification list, so you get informed automatically when a new version becomes available?
Just write me a PM or in case you want to subscribe to it yourself, please use this link: Link
Notification for J-Link, J-Link Debugger, SystemView & J-Scope: Link
Notification for Embedded Studio: Link

ulrik

Beginner

Tuesday, June 13th 2017, 2:43pm

Ok, thanks. So do you have any idea why I cannot halt the processor? I do see "Found Cortex-A7 r0p5" message when I connect, and therefore I assume the JTAG interface is functional. But all other commands fail by "CPU is not halted !"

I have measured that all voltages and clocks are within specifications. What can halt the processor then, and how to avoid it?

SEGGER - Niklas

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Oct 6th 2014

Tuesday, June 13th 2017, 3:49pm

Hi,

do I understand you correctly that the issue occurs if you do *not* use the dual core device scripts?

Best regards,
Niklas
Would you like to be added to the J-Link software update notification list, so you get informed automatically when a new version becomes available?
Just write me a PM or in case you want to subscribe to it yourself, please use this link: Link
Notification for J-Link, J-Link Debugger, SystemView & J-Scope: Link
Notification for Embedded Studio: Link

ulrik

Beginner

Tuesday, June 13th 2017, 4:20pm

Yes, both with and without script.

But I think I have found a JTAG hardware problem, I will get back later.

ulrik

Beginner

Tuesday, June 13th 2017, 4:34pm

So, I don't think it is a hardware problem. So yes, selecting unspecified ARM7 does not work. I do measure activity at both TMS, TCK, TDO, TDI and RET.

I see that when I run the "h" halt command, RET is activated multiple times. Can it be a wrong reset type?

ulrik

Beginner

Wednesday, June 14th 2017, 11:03am

Post deleted.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ulrik" (Jun 14th 2017, 11:11am)