Friday, August 18th 2017, 4:12pm UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

abraham

Beginner

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2017

Tuesday, June 13th 2017, 8:29pm

[ABANDONED] I cannot program an EFM8 chip from Keil uV5 by means of J-Link EDU

Dear friends,
I need help to identify the reason why I could not flash EFM8LB12F64E (Laser bee, 8051 core) by means of Segger J-Link Edu from Keil uV5

PC : KEIL uVision v5.14.2.1 on Win-10 OS

Board : Custom made board. No problem with Silabs C2 Debugger
.... Project --> Options for Target --> Debug ---> "J-Link / J-Trace EFM8 Driver" SELECTED
.... Project --> Options for Target --> Utilities---> "Use Debug Driver" CHECKED
.... Project --> Options for Target --> Utilities---> "Update Target before Debugging" CHECKED
.... Segger J-Link driver version --> 6.16b
.... Segger J-link functionality --> Checked from command prompt by using jlink commander. The chip EFM8LB12F64E has been erased from command prompt. Jlink can query the EFM8. Following is what I copied from the command prompt screen (Serial number has been replaced by ********* intentionally);
------------------------------------------------------------------
C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink_V616b>jlink
SEGGER J-Link Commander V6.16b (Compiled Jun 9 2017 18:04:04)
DLL version V6.16b, compiled Jun 9 2017 18:03:30
Connecting to J-Link via USB...O.K.
Firmware: J-Link V9 compiled Jun 9 2017 17:27:29
Hardware version: V9.20
S/N: *********
License(s): FlashBP, GDB
OEM: SEGGER-EDU
VTref = 3.270V
Type "connect" to establish a target connection, '?' for help
J-Link>
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't see any problem regarding installation, wiring, ... etc. May there be some mismatch between corresponding dll and uVision IDE? dll version is 4.97.11.0 (C:\Keil_v5\C51\BIN\JLinkEFM8.dll)
Also, uVision 5 can connect to MCU in debug mode (ctrl + F5), but, cannot flash it.
Here are the messages in debug mode;
J-Link info: Device "EFM8LB12F64E" selected.
J-Link info: Device "EFM8LB12F64E" selected.
J-Link info: DevID, DerivID: 0x34, 0x42
J-Link info: Core: CIP-51 (8051 compatible)
J-Link info: Device series: EFM8 series device
J-Link info: CPU supports 4 code breakpoints
J-Link info: Flash infos: 512 byte sectors, 126 sectors
I can erase and program the chip well from Simplicity Studio 4 (by J-link EDU, of course :) )

Can someone help me?
Best regards!

SEGGER - Niklas

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Oct 6th 2014

Wednesday, June 14th 2017, 9:31am

Hi,

Quoted

I can erase and program the chip well from Simplicity Studio 4 (by J-link EDU, of course :) )

Well, that sounds like the hardware and the J-Link EDU are working.
Could you please check which version of the J-Link software is used by Keil MDK uVision in the J-Link control panel, which is open by clicking the J-Link icon in the tray bar during a debug session attempt?

Best regards,
Niklas
Would you like to be added to the J-Link software update notification list, so you get informed automatically when a new version becomes available?
Just write me a PM or in case you want to subscribe to it yourself, please use this link: Link
Notification for J-Link, J-Link Debugger, SystemView & J-Scope: Link
Notification for Embedded Studio: Link