Sunday, December 17th 2017, 1:36am UTC+1

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

apullin

Beginner

Date of registration: Mar 31st 2010

Wednesday, June 28th 2017, 1:28am

ThreadX support for SystemView?

So, I am very interested in using SystemView on an existing project that I have here. But, the RTOS in use in ThreadX, and moving to FreeRTOS is not presently tractable.

This is further complicated by ThreadX being usually a binary distribution, as I understand it and in the SDK that I am using that incorporates ThreadX, there are only headers and archive files, so patching as in the example included in the SystemView download would not be possible. But maybe there are enough hook functions available to get it done?

Still ... is there any chance that there will be ThreadX support in SystemView?

SEGGER - Til

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Nov 14th 2007

Friday, June 30th 2017, 9:00am

The best and easiest solution would be to use our RTOS embOS instead of FreeRTOS or ThreadX.
embOS is already prepared to run perfectly out of the box with SystemView.
If you are working on non commercial projects you can use the embOS trial version.
And if you are working on commercial products please contact us and we'll find a quick and inexpensive solution for you.

Best regards,
Til