Sunday, December 17th 2017, 2:39pm UTC+1

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

KeithV

Beginner

Date of registration: Sep 22nd 2016

Wednesday, September 20th 2017, 8:58pm

[SOLVED] SDK and C#

Segger really needs to release a C# interface to the SDK covering all functions and structs.

Who programs in C / C++ anymore on Windows anyway??

I'm spending too much time figuring out how to Marshal evey everything.

Marshalling JLINK_RTTERMINAL_Control() is what made me post this.

Thanks
Keith Vasilakes
Intricon

SEGGER - Niklas

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Oct 6th 2014

Thursday, September 21st 2017, 9:43am

Hi Keith,

I am sorry to hear that you are facing hassle when using the J-Link SDK in a C# environment.
Unfortunately, there are currently no plans to release C# interface / version of the J-Link SDK.

Quoted

The J-Link software is available for Windows, macOS, Linux and Linux for ARM, our middle ware for embedded systems and the firmware of our hardware products are written in C / Assembler, therefore it makes sense that our desktop software is also written in C / C++.

Best regards,
Niklas
Would you like to be added to the J-Link software update notification list, so you get informed automatically when a new version becomes available?
Just write me a PM or in case you want to subscribe to it yourself, please use this link: Link
Notification for J-Link, J-Link Debugger, SystemView & J-Scope: Link
Notification for Embedded Studio: Link

KeithV

Beginner

Date of registration: Sep 22nd 2016

Thursday, September 21st 2017, 6:47pm

Fair enough, all thats really needed is C# examples for the app supported

SEGGER - Alex

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Dec 18th 2007

Thursday, September 28th 2017, 3:11pm

There are different sample applications shipped with the SDK, for different programming languages (C, Basic, C#, ...).

Quoted

I won't comment on this.

Best regards
Alex