Thursday, November 23rd 2017, 12:06pm UTC+1

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

AtiHJ

Beginner

Date of registration: Sep 13th 2017

Thursday, October 5th 2017, 9:08am

LPC1788 emwin GUI

Hi ,

I want to run emwin lcd library on my lpc1788 project in Lpcxpresso. The LCD I am using is 24bit and I2C interface and there is no external ram on board.
Can I use emwin GUI library? If yes how can I modify it for our board porting?
Also which revision should I use?

Thanks
Ati

SEGGER - Schoenen

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Aug 13th 2015

Friday, October 6th 2017, 2:54pm

Hi,

Yes, in general it should be possible to use emWin. It depends pretty much on the LCD controller you want to use.

I guess that the display you want to use has a build in controller. In most cases you can use the GUIDRV_FlexColor driver.

Please take a look at this site and check if your LCD controller is listet there:
https://www.segger.com/products/user-int…isplay-drivers/

Quoted

If yes how can I modify it for our board porting?
if your LCD controller is already supported by one of the emWin drivers you have to create a configuration file (a c file) which initializes the controller and configures the driver. Attached is a LCDConf.c which shows how this could be done.

Quoted

Also which revision should I use?
Not sure what you mean with that. I recommend to use the latest emWin version (currently it is 5.42).

Regards
Sven
SEGGER - Schoenen has attached the following file:
  • LCDConf.zip (2.37 kB - 22 times downloaded - Last download: Nov 16th 2017, 8:15pm)