Wednesday, November 22nd 2017, 10:49pm UTC+1

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mjanas10

Beginner

Date of registration: Oct 5th 2017

Thursday, October 19th 2017, 3:47pm

Global Keyboard for different Edit widgets

Dear all

I have various non-related windows (i.e. they could be siblings but not necessarily) with Edit widgets.
Now I want to create a separate Keyboard dialog in a separate source file and make it pop up whenever user taps Edit widget to start typing. The thing is I want this Keyboard dialog to be universal and used by any Edit widget anywhere.

Any idea how that could be achieved?

Thanks

SEGGER - Schoenen

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Aug 13th 2015

Thursday, October 19th 2017, 4:33pm

Hi,

You might do it in different ways. Attached is an example on how to achive this in different ways. There will a window pop up if you click into one of the EDIT widgets. With some of imagination it could be some sort of a keayboard ;)

Either you set a callback for each EDIT widget react on WM_TOUCH and open the keyboard or you react on WM_NOTIFICATION_RELEASED within a WM_NOTIFY_PARENT event.

If you set the callback it is important to call the default callback of the EDIT widget.

Regards
Sven
SEGGER - Schoenen has attached the following file:
  • WindowOnClick.zip (1.18 kB - 32 times downloaded - Last download: Nov 17th 2017, 4:24pm)

mjanas10

Beginner

Date of registration: Oct 5th 2017

Thursday, October 19th 2017, 5:51pm

Thanks a lot!
:)