Friday, December 15th 2017, 8:53pm UTC+1

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Oferkel

Beginner

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2017

Tuesday, November 21st 2017, 8:17pm

Connecting J-Link via USB within ARM DS-5 IDE

Hi,
I am using NXP iMX7 Sabre evaluation board, and am trying to create a debug session via J-Link Base probe, connected to the JTAG port of the board.
When I am using the command line interface from Segger it works fine, I can connect and perform all command line commands.
But trying to connect from within the WINDOWS ARM DS-5 environment, I cannot find the USB connection under Debug Configuration->CONNECTION.
Looking at the BROWSE option it is empty.
Looking at the Device manager I can see the j-Link Driver, so I assume it is configured fine.
Can anyone assist here?

SEGGER - Nino

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Jan 2nd 2017

Wednesday, November 22nd 2017, 9:17am

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
To connect with DS-5 to J-Link you will need a J-Link Plus or higher model that includes the RDI/RDDI feature.
More information can be found here: https://www.segger.com/products/debug-pr…/ides/arm-ds-5/

Best regards,
Nino

v01d

Beginner

Date of registration: Feb 29th 2016

Friday, November 24th 2017, 12:06pm

Will DS-5 Linux version also work with J-Link Plus?

(I have tried a version 1.5 - 2 years ago, and that didn't support it)

SEGGER - Nino

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Jan 2nd 2017

Friday, November 24th 2017, 1:51pm

Hello,

Currently J-link with DS-5 works only under Windows.
Linux support is not planned at the moment.

Best regards,
Nino