Tuesday, January 23rd 2018, 7:10am UTC+1

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Date of registration: Jan 11th 2018

Thursday, January 11th 2018, 11:34am

Flasher portable plus NOT storing multiple image files

Hi everyone!
I have just recently got a Flasher portable plus and programming and nRF 51822 AC with it. So I have been using J Flash software v6.22d. I had opened the .hex file by File->Open Data File
and it opens correctly. I connected my Flasher Portable Plus into the PC and selected File->Download Config and Data File to flasher. It downloads the "Flasher.cfg" and "Flasher.dat" file into the Flasher Portable Plus "Image 1" slot. And I also programmed my board using "PROG" button on the flasher and it works fine. :-)

But I want to load more than one .cfg and .dat file into the Flasher Portable Plus into different image slot so that I can program the boards easily by just selecting the image using "SEL" on the flasher. But when i open another .hex file and select File->Download Config and Data File to flasher . It seems that it overwrites the old Flasher.cfg and Flasher.dat file into the same Image slot without saving it to the other image slot like "Image 2". Basically so its like i can only store one image at a time in the flasher portable plus which is quiet inconvenient.

I know this is a newbie question but help will be highly appreciated, since i am new to this platform.

Thanks!
:-)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ahmed.hussain" (Jan 11th 2018, 12:01pm)

SEGGER - Nino

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Jan 2nd 2017

Thursday, January 11th 2018, 5:19pm

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The setup for multiple files with the Flasher Protable is described int he Flasher user manual (UM08022_Flasher) which can be found in your J-Link install folder under Doc/Manuals
There in Section 2.9 "Multiple file support" you will find information and a example on how to save multiple files onto the Flasher Portable Plus.

Best regards,
Nino