Saturday, April 21st 2018, 2:21am UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Date of registration: Feb 23rd 2018

Tuesday, February 27th 2018, 2:20pm

[SOLVED] [Ozone] Forced halt in SVC vector

Hello,

I am currently using:
- Ozone 2.56c on Linux with the JLink DLLs 6.30d;
- TMS570LC4357 on the XL2-570LC43(A) development board;
- JTAG @1 MHz with semihosting Off and RTT Off;
- No custom JLink scripts;

I have an issue where from time to time I am having problems whenever the ARM assembly "SVC #" instruction is called. Whenever I reset and continue, Ozone will break at 0x08 (ARM SVC vector) even if I didn't put a breakpoint there.

I've read that Semihosting uses the SVC location in order to work. I've tried to enable/disabling semihosting and reconfigure semihosting to use another memory location with "Project.SetSemihosting" and "Project.ConfigSemihosting" without any change.

I've also tried:
- Using JLink DLLs 6.30e
- Changing JTAG speed
- Adding/removing breakpoints
- Disconnect, Reconnect to target
- Using Windows

If I continuosly reset and continue I eventually manage to continue,sometimes, without breaking at the SVC, but it's rather rare.

I've produced a simple assembly example where I just use the SVC assembly instruction and NOPs in TI Code Composer Studio. I've attached Code Composer Studio project files, Ozone project files and the binary to this thread.

As a note, the problem doesn't subsist if I use the embedded TI XDS110 debugger present on board.

Could you please point me in the right direction on why this happens and how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Alessandro
alex.gasbarroni has attached the following image:
  • invisible_svc_break.png
alex.gasbarroni has attached the following file:
  • svc_example.zip (22.84 kB - 43 times downloaded - Last download: Today, 12:24am)

SEGGER - Nino

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Jan 2nd 2017

Friday, March 2nd 2018, 3:26pm

Hello Alessandro,

Thank you for providing the example project.
The issue was reproducible and we are currently working on a fix for this.

Best regards,
Nino
Please read the forum rules before posting: Forum Rules

Keep in mind, this is not a support forum. Its main purposes is user to user interaction.
Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
Should you be entitled to support contact us per e-mail.
The following contact form can be used for this: https://www.segger.com/about-us/contact-us/

Date of registration: Feb 23rd 2018

Tuesday, March 27th 2018, 12:08pm

Hello,

I've tested again this in Ozone v2.56e. The issue has been successfully resolved (as noted in Ozone's Release Notes).

Thank you for your support,

Alessandro

SEGGER - Nino

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Jan 2nd 2017

Tuesday, March 27th 2018, 1:57pm

Hello Alessandro,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.
We will consider this thread as solved now.

Best regards,
Nino
Please read the forum rules before posting: Forum Rules

Keep in mind, this is not a support forum. Its main purposes is user to user interaction.
Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
Should you be entitled to support contact us per e-mail.
The following contact form can be used for this: https://www.segger.com/about-us/contact-us/