Tuesday, May 22nd 2018, 11:45pm UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

gvi70000

Beginner

Date of registration: May 15th 2017

Wednesday, May 2nd 2018, 3:06pm

Window <-> child dialog data exchange

Hi,

I have a window with several Edit boxes, when i click the edit i open a dialog where i change a global array value.
The window and the dialog are defined in 2 different c files as i intend to use this dialog in several windows.
The dialog is created as follows:

Source code

#define ID_VALUE_CHANGE	1000#define ID_SMALL_CHANGE	1001#define ID_BIG_CHANGE		1002#define ID_BUTTON_OK		1003#define ID_BUTTON_KO		1004
static const GUI_WIDGET_CREATE_INFO _aDialogCreate[] = {  { FRAMEWIN_CreateIndirect,	"Value Editor", ID_VALUE_CHANGE, 127, 68, 225, 135, 0, 0x0, 0 },  { SPINBOX_CreateIndirect,		NULL, ID_SMALL_CHANGE, 3, 3, 150, 70, 0, 0x0, 0 },  { SLIDER_CreateIndirect,		NULL, ID_BIG_CHANGE, 3, 85, 150, 24, 0, 0x0, 0 },  { BUTTON_CreateIndirect,		NULL, ID_BUTTON_OK, 165, 3, 50, 50, 0, 0x0, 0 },  { BUTTON_CreateIndirect,		NULL, ID_BUTTON_KO, 165, 63, 50, 50, 0, 0x0, 0 },};
static void _cbDialog(WM_MESSAGE * pMsg) {  int NCode;  int Id;//make these as static for ImageControl.c to avoid repeated calls of WM_GetDialogItem	BUTTON_Handle hButton;	SPINBOX_Handle hSpin;	SLIDER_Handle hSlide;	  switch (pMsg->MsgId) {	case WM_INIT_DIALOG:		hButton = WM_GetDialogItem(pMsg->hWin, ID_BUTTON_OK);		BUTTON_SetBitmapEx(hButton, BUTTON_BI_UNPRESSED, &bmLoad, 13, 13);		hButton = WM_GetDialogItem(pMsg->hWin, ID_BUTTON_KO);		BUTTON_SetBitmapEx(hButton, BUTTON_BI_UNPRESSED, &bmOff, 13, 13);		hSpin = WM_GetDialogItem(pMsg->hWin, ID_SMALL_CHANGE);		SPINBOX_SetFont(hSpin, GUI_FONT_32B_1);		SPINBOX_SetRange(hSpin, 0, maxProfile[myItemIndex]);		SPINBOX_SetValue(hSpin, arrProfile[myItemIndex]);			hSlide = WM_GetDialogItem(pMsg->hWin, ID_BIG_CHANGE);		SLIDER_SetRange(hSlide, 0, maxProfile[myItemIndex]);		SLIDER_SetValue(hSlide, arrProfile[myItemIndex]);    break;  case WM_NOTIFY_PARENT:    Id    = WM_GetId(pMsg->hWinSrc);    NCode = pMsg->Data.v;    switch(Id) {    case ID_BIG_CHANGE: // Notifications sent by 'Slider'	case ID_SMALL_CHANGE: // Notifications sent by 'Spinbox'		if(NCode == WM_NOTIFICATION_VALUE_CHANGED) {			hSpin = WM_GetDialogItem(pMsg->hWin, ID_SMALL_CHANGE);			hSlide = WM_GetDialogItem(pMsg->hWin, ID_BIG_CHANGE);			if(Id == ID_BIG_CHANGE) {				SPINBOX_SetValue(hSpin, SLIDER_GetValue(hSlide));			} else {				SLIDER_SetValue(hSlide, SPINBOX_GetValue(hSpin));			}		}    break;    case ID_BUTTON_OK: // Notifications sent by 'Button'		if(NCode == WM_NOTIFICATION_RELEASED) {			WM_GetClientWindow();			hSpin = WM_GetDialogItem(pMsg->hWin, ID_SMALL_CHANGE);			arrProfile[myItemIndex] = SPINBOX_GetValue(hSpin);			WM_DeleteWindow(pMsg->hWin);		}    break;    case ID_BUTTON_KO: // Notifications sent by 'Button'			if(NCode == WM_NOTIFICATION_RELEASED)				WM_DeleteWindow(pMsg->hWin);      break;    }    break;  default:    WM_DefaultProc(pMsg);    break;  }}
WM_HWIN ShowEditValue(WM_HWIN myItem, U8 myIdx) {	parentItem = myItem;	myItemIndex = myIdx;	//return the handle of the dialog	return GUI_CreateDialogBox(_aDialogCreate, GUI_COUNTOF(_aDialogCreate), _cbDialog, myItem, 0, 0);};

the parent window

Source code

static WM_HWIN _hManual;
static const GUI_WIDGET_CREATE_INFO _aDialogCreate[] = {	{ WINDOW_CreateIndirect,	NULL, ID_ManualMenu, -1, 0, 480, 272, 0, 0x0, 0 },	{ EDIT_CreateIndirect, NULL, ID_Sequence_Delay, 102, 50, 90, BtnSize, 0, 0x0, 0 },	{ BUTTON_CreateIndirect,	"Shutter 2", ID_Shutter2, 270, 150, 140, BtnSize, 0, 0x0, 0 },	{ BUTTON_CreateIndirect,	NULL, ID_ScreenOff, 10, 230, BtnSize, BtnSize, 0, 0x0, 0 },};
static void _cbDialog(WM_MESSAGE * pMsg) {	WM_HWIN hItem;	WM_HWIN hEditWin;	U8 crtItem;	arrProfile[Sequence_Delay] = 999;	int     NCode;	int     Id;	switch (pMsg->MsgId) {	case WM_INIT_DIALOG:		hItem = WM_GetDialogItem(pMsg->hWin, ID_Sequence_Delay);		EDIT_SetFont(hItem, GUI_FONT_32B_1);	  EDIT_SetDecMode(hItem, arrProfile[Sequence_Delay], 0, maxProfile[Sequence_Delay], 0, GUI_EDIT_NORMAL);				hItem = WM_GetDialogItem(pMsg->hWin, ID_Exit);		BUTTON_SetBitmapEx(hItem, BUTTON_BI_UNPRESSED, &bmOff, 4, 4);				hItem = WM_GetDialogItem(pMsg->hWin, ID_ScreenOff);		BUTTON_SetBitmapEx(hItem, BUTTON_BI_UNPRESSED, &bmBulbOff, 4, 4);		break;	case WM_NOTIFY_PARENT:		Id    = WM_GetId(pMsg->hWinSrc);		NCode = pMsg->Data.v;		//hItem = WM_GetDialogItem(pMsg->hWin, Id);		if(NCode == WM_NOTIFICATION_RELEASED) {			switch(Id) {			case ID_Sequence_Delay: // Notifications sent by 'Sequence_Delay'				//create the dialog to change the EDIT Box value				ShowEditValue(_hManual, Sequence_Delay);				break;					case ID_Exit: // Notifications sent by 'Exit'				WM_DeleteWindow(_hManual);				MainTask();				break;			case ID_ScreenOff: // Notifications sent by 'Screen'				toogleBackLight();				break;			}		}		break;	case WM_PAINT:		//draw background		GUI_DrawBitmap(&bmBackGround, 0, 0);		// show free/used memory		ShowMem();		break;	case WM_NOTIFICATION_CHILD_DELETED:		//update here the EDIT box that was chaged in WM_NOTIFICATION_VALUE_CHANGED of slider and spin		EDIT_SetDecMode(hItem, arrProfile[Sequence_Delay], 0, maxProfile[Sequence_Delay], 0, GUI_EDIT_NORMAL);	break;	default:		WM_DefaultProc(pMsg);		break;	}}
static void _InitManual(void) {	_hManual = GUI_CreateDialogBox(_aDialogCreate, GUI_COUNTOF(_aDialogCreate), _cbDialog, WM_HBKWIN, 0, 0);}
void ExecManual(void) {	_InitManual();	WM_SetFocus(_hManual);}
NOTE: I remove irrelevant code

I have the following questions: related to the above code

1. In the dialog creation if i use myItem then the dialog is not created
GUI_CreateDialogBox(_aDialogCreate, GUI_COUNTOF(_aDialogCreate), _cbDialog, myItem, 0, 0);

if i use GUI_CreateDialogBox(_aDialogCreate, GUI_COUNTOF(_aDialogCreate), _cbDialog, WM_HBKWIN, 0, 0); then is created but it will be the child of the desktop, correct?
How shall i proceed in order to make the dialog child of the ID_ManualMenu window?

2. When i delete the dialog i need to notify the ID_ManualMenu window that the global array is changed and it needs to update the value of the Edit box
Is the WM_NOTIFICATION_CHILD_DELETED the correct way to do it? I see may examples using WM_SendMessageNoPara but i can only make this work inside the window, not between a window and a dialog

3. Is there a place where i can find the range of values used for default IDs? I try to define my own ID's but i am afraid that i will overlap some predefined ones

Thank you

gvi70000

Beginner

Date of registration: May 15th 2017

Wednesday, May 2nd 2018, 5:55pm

All point solved
1. I was not giving the correct handle
2.In the Main window i use

case WM_USER:
hItem = WM_GetDialogItem(pMsg->hWin, ID_Sequence_Delay);
EDIT_SetDecMode(hItem, arrProfile[Sequence_Delay], 0, maxProfile[Sequence_Delay], 0, GUI_EDIT_NORMAL);
break;
and in the dialog

arrProfile[myItemIndex] = SPINBOX_GetValue(hSpin);
WM_SendMessageNoPara(parentItem, WM_USER);
WM_DeleteWindow(pMsg->hWin);

3. I found the values in GUI.h and WM.H
:thumbsup:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "gvi70000" (May 2nd 2018, 6:24pm)